Where: Pam’s Dog Academy (Pamela Johnson)
3610 Wisecarver Lane
Jamul, CA 91935
When: Sunday’s – Starting July 9th
Time: 5:15pm – 6:15pm
This class is for anyone that would like to get started in Agility with their dog. Agility is a fun dog sport that helps you develop a close bond with your dog.
In this class you will get started with:
– Hand Targeting
– Release Cues
– Agility flatwork
– Drive forward
Agility Obstacles (A-Frame, Dog Walk, Teeter, Weave Poles, Table, Hoop, Jumps)
Proper Jumping Mechanics & Jump Patterns
Start line Stay
Each week you will receive a written lesson with video links.
Expect to get to class at least 15 minutes early to help set up.
On the first class, I will have a waiver for you to fill out. Once you sign up, I will email the waiver to you. If you forget to bring yours, I will have extra copies on the first class.
1. You will need to bring a dog crate if your dog is used being in a crate. We will have straw bails to sit on but you are welcome to bring your own chair if you prefer.
2. Your dog should be on a harness and be leashed when on our property and not in the agility field.
3. Do not let your dog interact with the other dogs as not all dogs want to interact. It is also a place for training and not a time for socializing with other dogs.
4. Bring high value treats (cheese, meat, or something that is easy for your dog to consume that he loves)
5. Bring a tug toy or a floppy frisbee. (A ball or something that can’t be tugged on is more of a challenge when teaching agility, but if that is the only toy your dog loves, bring it.)
I look forward to meeting you and your dog!
Pamela Johnson, M.A., CPDT-KA